The first double-header of the 2017 Super Lap Scotland season powered by Rockstar Energy Drink Final. Today features Round 3 of the action over the reverse configuration of the Knockhill circuit. Action from 8.30am, tickets are available.
What is it? Super Lap Scotland powered by Rockstar Energy Drink is not racing, it is however a very intense time-trial challenge event, where competitors compete throughout the day to post the fastest overall time in each of the six classes. All classes are based on the power-to-weight ratio of each car and driver; which allows even the most modest of road cars the opportunity to compete against the super-tuned monsters out on track; with points awarded for qualifying positions and overall finishing positions in each class. Meaning that a class F competitor (least powerful) could easily take the overall Championship title from a Pro class competitor (most powerful) by scoring more points throughout the season, giving us an overall “King of Knockhill”.
What will l see? You’ll see highly-tuned machines (Pro class) tackle the twists and dips of the two Knockhill track configurations at blisteringly fast speeds, with each competitor looking to string together that ‘PERFECT’ lap and top the timesheets against all the competition. You’ll see a plethora of vehicles, all shapes and sizes, and you’ll see some mighty impressive engineering under the bonnet of popular marques like Subaru, Mitsubishi, Caterham, Vauxhall, Ford and many more.
Event Summary for Rounds 3 & 4 this weekend:
* THE MG TROPHY one-make MG ZR racing;
* The Northern Sports and Saloons Championship (multi-class race series);
* SsangYong Racing Challenge make their first visit to Knockhill;
* Subaru vs Evo Showcar Zone – See Scotland’s leading Subaru and Mitsubishi Car Clubs and individual owners assemble en-mass to compete against each other in a host of Show ‘n’ Shine competitions;
* Feature Subarus and Mitsubishis will be on display in the pit lane garages. The star attractions include Colin McRae’s WRC Winning * Subaru Impreza (L555 BAT) as well as his Subaru Impreza road car;
* Lunchtime Parade of Subaru’s new and old;
* Mitsubishi Track Invasion to close out the day’s events.
Championship Rounds. This year’s SLS Championship will take place over seven rounds, with all taking place at Knockhill; utilising both the International and Reverse tracks. At each event, we’ll also have additional features such as visiting race series, Car Trackday Sessions, Show Cars and Drifting; please see each individual round for full details on what’s featuring at that event. The next rounds after this weekend are on 26th and 27th August at Knockhill.
(Event preview courtesy of the Knockhill Circuit website)
Action from 8.30am with the warm-up laps. This is a full itinerary for the day.
Tickets in advance are available via the ‘Get Tickets’ link or by telephone on 01383 723337. An advance discount of £3 per adult and concession ticket and £6 for a family ticket applies .
Tickets on the day for Round 3 of 2017 Super Lap Scotland are available priced: Adults £15/Concessions £10/U12s free/Family £40.