Knockhill Racing Circuit will reverberate to the sound of Super Lap Scotland and a spectacular Paul Walker Tribute today as some of the fastest modified cars in Scotland take part in the final round of the season, Action from 8.30am, tickets are available with advance purchases subject to a discount.
The event showcases a multitude of action on-track and off it the biggest collection of Show Cars that Knockhill has ever hosted – with upwards of 400 models from leading clubs and manufacturers lined up throughout the venue.
Read on for a preview courtesy of the Knockhill Circuit website …
The final of our 2017 SLS Championship season will see the elite divers in each of the series’ seven classes complete flat-out on the Reverse Circuit to record the fastest time in each class to ultimately be crowned SLS ‘King of the Hill’ for 2017 – an award open to both standard road cars and fire-spitting 1000bhp brutes.
In between the SLS action, there will be a whole host of additional features at this event including stunt shows, trackday action, show ‘n’ shine competitions and a track invasion at the end of the day for all spectators – led onto track by the replica movie cars including the Green Eclipse show car. Here’s a short bulleted list of what’s on:-
Event Summary for this weekend:
* SLS Championship Final – featuring some of the fastest modified cars in Scotland all competing on track for that ‘Perfect Lap’
* Paul Walker Tribute – Moment of noise, message board and fundraising for Reach Out Worldwide
* Fast & Furious Cars – The Green Eclipse and Orange Supra will be on show for all to see
* Big Screen TV – The Fast and the Furious movie will be playing in paddock 2 at the heart of the show arena on the GoGo Vision Big Screen.
* American Muscle Cars – Collection of muscle cars just like the one Vin Diesel drove in the movies
* Super Hero Day – Come along in fancy dress and you’ll gain entry at the concession ticket price
* Rockstar Energy Drink Giveaways – competitions, giveaways and the chance to meet Rockstar athlete Tom Onslow Cole.
* Simulator Ride – Hold on tight and take a ride in this high tech motorsport simulator (tickets are chargeable on the day)
* Bouncy Castle – Bring the kids to this family event
* Cammy’s Magic – Talented local magician “Cammy’s Magic” will be wowing the crowds with his street magic between 12 and 2
Show Car Zone – As well as the feature Paul Walker cars we’ll be hosting another gathering with up to 400 cars on show – the biggest we’ve seen at Knockhill
* Show ‘n’ Shine – The customary Show and Shine competitions will be in full swing with trophies and Autosmart goodies from Autosmart Fife for the best models.
* Track Day Sessions – A number of car track sessions will run on the day, allowing you to take to the Knockhill track in your own car (spaces available here)
* Drift the Hill Contest – We’ll have some of Scotland’s top drifters taking on the ‘Hill’ and the Hairpin
* Drag Racing – Watch lunch break drag races from Scotland fastest road cars.
* Trade Sites – Our enthusiastic SLS sponsors will be on hand to help you with any development/tuning plans you may have for your vehicle
* Selfie Time – We’ll have a couple of the SLS Promo Girls roving around our paddocks taking selfies with generous attendees who donate to charity on the day
* Track Invasion – All cars left on-site at the end of the day will be invited to head out onto track (at a controlled pace) to form up for a final photo opportunity
What is it? Super Lap Scotland powered by Rockstar Energy Drink is not racing, it is however a very intense time-trial challenge event, where competitors compete throughout the day to post the fastest overall time in each of the six classes. All classes are based on the power-to-weight ratio of each car and driver; which allows even the most modest of road cars the opportunity to compete against the super-tuned monsters out on track; with points awarded for qualifying positions and overall finishing positions in each class. Meaning that a class F competitor (least powerful) could easily take the overall Championship title from a Pro class competitor (most powerful) by scoring more points throughout the season, giving us an overall “King of Knockhill”.
What will l see? You’ll see highly-tuned machines (Pro class) tackle the twists and dips of the two Knockhill track configurations at blisteringly fast speeds, with each competitor looking to string together that ‘PERFECT’ lap and top the timesheets against all the competition. You’ll see a plethora of vehicles, all shapes and sizes, and you’ll see some mighty impressive engineering under the bonnet of popular marques like Subaru, Mitsubishi, Caterham, Vauxhall, Ford and many more.
Championship Rounds. This year’s SLS Championship will take place over seven rounds, with all taking place at Knockhill; utilising both the International and Reverse tracks. At each event, we’ll also have additional features such as visiting race series, Car Trackday Sessions, Show Cars and Drifting; please see each individual round for full details on what’s featuring at that event. The next rounds after this weekend are on 26th and 27th August at Knockhill.
Action from 8.30am with the warm-up laps. This is the full itinerary for the day
Tickets in advance are available via the ‘Get Tickets’ link or by telephone on 01383 723337. An advance discount of £3 per adult and £2 per concession ticket and £8 for a family ticket applies.
Tickets on the day for 2017 Super Lap Scotland are available priced: Adults £18/Concessions £12/U12s free/Family £48.