Scotland Women take on their Spanish counterparts at Scotstoun Stadium in their final warm-up match ahead of the 2018 Women’s 6 Nations. Kick-off is at 1pm and tickets are available online.
Scotland have selected an experienced squad for their match against Spain ahead of the upcoming Six Nations in February. The team (in full below) includes Scotland’s four professional players; Jade Konkel, Chloe Rollie, Lisa Thomson and Sarah Law.
Scotland Women Head Coach, Shade Munro, said: “We have a selected a strong squad for what will be another very challenging match.
“We’ve played a number of important fixtures against Spain over the past few years, most notably the World Cup Qualification match which we narrowly lost in November 2016. So, we are very much looking forward to taking them on once more.”
A Scotland Women XV took on Spain in November last year, running out 24-5 winners in Madrid. Try scorers from that match, Hannah Smith, Rhona Lloyd, Deborah McCormack and Lisa Thomson all retain their places in the training squad.
Munro added: “This is also a great fixture to have leading into the Six Nations as we aim to carry through the momentum from the Autumn. It will provide the players with the opportunity to cement their place in the squad as we approach our opener away to Wales.
“Spain, who are ranked above us, will be much changed, and as a result much stronger, than the team we faced in Madrid so we will have to be at our very best if we are to come out on top.”
Lisa Martin, who recently signed for Tyrell’s Premier 15s team, DMP Sharks, will captain the side which includes no new faces.
(Preview courtesy of the Scottish Rugby website.)
Kick-off is at 1pm.
Tickets in advance are available via the ‘Get Tickets‘ link.
Tickets on the day can be purchased subject to availability. Checking the Scottish Rugby Twitter feed before travelling is recommended.
Scotland Women team to face Spain as follows:
15. Chloe Rollie** (Lille Metropole Rugby Club Villeneuvois)
14. Liz Musgrove (Edinburgh University)
13. Lisa Thomson** (Lille Metropole Rugby Club Villeneuvois)
12. Lisa Martin* (DMP Sharks)
11. Rhona Lloyd* (Edinburgh University)
10. Helen Nelson* (Murrayfield Wanderers)
9. Jenny Maxwell (Loughborough Lightning)
1. Jade Konkel** (Lille Metropole Rugby Club Villeneuvois)
2. Rachel Malcolm (Loughborough Lightning)
3. Megan Kennedy* (Stirling County)
4. Emma Wassell* (Murrayfield Wanderers)
5. Deborah McCormack (Harlequins)
6. Hannah Smith (Hillhead/Jordanhill)
7. Louise McMillan* (Hillhead/Jordanhill)
8. Sarah Bonar (Loughborough Lightning)
16. Lana Skeldon* (Watsonians)
17. Siobhan McMillan (Hillhead/Jordanhill)
18. Lindsey Smith (Hillhead/Jordanhill)
19. Mags Lowish (Loughborough Lightning)